This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Thursday, October 11, 2012

argh

Trying not to feel discouraged, but stepped on the scale.  I've been doing it on Thursdays.  Let's see..today is day 18 (so 2.5 wks.) and I've lost about 3.5 lbs.  


I know, I know.  It's something.  But I confess, I was hoping for a bigger drop.  

So: 
1. I'm eating virtually no grains (exception: some quinoa)
2: I'm eating most vegetables (no potatoes) 
3. I'm eating more cheese than usual, but not excessive amounts
4.  I'm eating more butter / full creamy coconut milk  than before
5.  My serving sizes are average (could be smaller).  
6.  I'm exercising moderately - a few walks a week, and an exercise class and yoga class once a week.  

Right now, I'm trying to manage my frustration.  I'm certainly not worried about going back to wheat/grain.  If I cut back on net carbs at mealtimes, then what do I replace them with so that I don't want to eat my own hand by bedtime?  

But right, it's not about weight.  

Right....



No comments:

Post a Comment