This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Thursday, October 18, 2012

chin up

For girls' lunches 

 Weigh-in day: I've lost NO weight this week. 

 Day 24 of no wheat:  3.5 lbs.   

The scale says exactly the same thing as last week.   

It's also PMS time, fyi everyone...

What I'm going to do about it: 
- drink more water
- eat less cheese
- eat an apple a day to aid digestion (yup, you heard me right) 
-accept that this is going to be a slow process 

What I'm not going to do about it:
- cry 
- get discouraged

I also am not going to ignore the changes I am noticing happening to this old body of mine.  My belly is shrinking; I know this because of the way my clothes fit.  

I know, I know, the pictures of the pizza do not exactly look low-fat, or healthy, but they truly are...for many reasons.  

First of all, you cannot eat more than one slice.  Seriously, I tried.  In fact, I really wanted to eat another slice because, well, I always eat more than one piece of pizza..duh... I looked at my second slice and felt nauseous.  Man did eat two pieces apparently unscathed, but he doesn't actually slow down to realize he's full.  What?  It's true.  

There is no wheat in the crust (=nothing that will stimulate appetite or urge body/mind  to keep eating).  The crust is made using flax meal, parmesan cheese, oil and eggs.  This is definitely going to become a staple around here although we will vary the toppings and go easy on the, uh, cheese, even though cheese really ought not to be the cause of weight gain due to it's very low carb load.  The amazing Gourmet Girl introduced us to this recipe.  

My camera was MIA for awhile so I wasn't able to photograph some of the lovely food we've been eating this week.  (Oh man, you see?? Now that I've lost NO weight, I feel I've lost some confidence and credibility around here.  Look, this IS the way to go about eating.  I know it is.  I just need to tweak a few things and I will start to lose more weight, if not slowly.  Besides, it's not about the weight, remember?)

Ok, I need to get some work done.  I'm going to braise a brisket this afternoon.  Seriously, a brisket.   On a Thursday afternoon.   Why not, eh?  Why not.  



No comments:

Post a Comment