This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

smoothies and leftovers

 I've noticed from my little counter thing that there have been a few people stopping by my little blog..YAY!  I'd love to start some conversations about health/nutrition/wheat free living..so please say hi!
 After a long (long) weekend, I was back at it this morning.  It's a cool, crisp fall morning and my students were tired.  Some people crave routine and daily rituals - I do not.  Some people can't wait to get back to work because it offers much needed structure to a life - not me.  I am happiest when I am free to wander; I am more productive when I'm not under time pressure - I guess I find expectations stressful - go figure.  

I have started to take a probiotic recommended by Dr. William Davis from Wheat Belly.  Giving up wheat is, I believe, somewhat hard on the system and I have suffered some withdrawal.  

I've also noticed that my pants are feeling looser.  Oh yeah!  I haven't experienced anything miraculous in the weight loss department, but it was never my intention to give up wheat for the sole purpose of losing weight (yes, it was).  I am doing it for overall health and well being (and to lose weight).  Okay, okay, weight comes into it, obviously....but my expectations are stable because this is a road down which I've traveled too many times.  

From so much of what I've read, losing a lot of weight comes mainly from strictly restricting all carbs and even dairy....Before I resort to not eating apples and small amounts of cheese, I'm going to see if some weight comes off simply with the elimination of wheat.  Stage 2 will be to cut carbs further.  

Oh, I'm so proud of the moussaka!  I was looking forward to lunch all morning.  All gone now, but was enjoyed with a yogurt/berry/banana smoothie with organic milk and powdered greens.  



No comments:

Post a Comment