This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

soup and stir fry





Warning! My soup contains quite a lot of starchy vegetables.  We ate a very small bowl of soup before our stir fry.  

I sauteed two chopped leeks in coconut oil, then added about 2 tbsp of butter - I then added chopped squash, 2 sweet potatoes, 2 carrots, and chopped garlic.  I let the veggies soften a bit and added cinnamon, ginger, and curry powder - I then covered the veggies with water (didn't have any stock) and cooked them until soft.  Next, I pureed the whole lot and reheated and added rich coconut milk.  I even (gasp!) added a tiny touch of buckwheat honey  to my bowl even though it was definitely sweet enough...

I"m not quite ready to eliminate all starchy vegetables - I'm trying first to see how much I can eat of them and still lose weight, even it is more gradual.  Don't get me wrong, I have A LOT of pounds to shed....Still, I enjoyed making this yummy fall soup.  

I'm going to put those carbs to use in my zumba class tonight! 

cha cha cha 

No comments:

Post a Comment